‘’It’s a new day, it’s a new dawn and I’m feeling good.’’ YES! It’s that time of year again, the verge of a new chapter in the book of life. It is New Year’s Eve, the wildest night of the year, massive parties, joyful cheers, nightlife at its finest, celebrations and ragging events, and that sensational special moment while you’re counting down to midnight with your loved ones beside you then burst into shrieks of joy as the clock strikes 12 and announces the beginning of a new year. In contrast, New Year’s is not only about the adrenaline of a substantial alteration in your life, it’s also an opportunity innumerable people grasp to reflect upon this previous year and hence forth elaborate something known as ‘New Year’s Resolutions list’ which consists of writing down a variety of things such as; new adventures you would like to explore, qualities you would like to evoke, mistakes you wish to avoid etc.. In brief, it simply is an inadequate excuse people like to allow themselves in order to persuade their own selves that change is inevitable but they were merely waiting for the perfect moment. But do these people even realize the true value of time and change? Just Allow me to underline an aspect of its prodigious expedience; ‘’to improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.’’
Frankly, I myself used to participate in lettering ambitious and beneficial Resolutions thinking that I was embarking on the first steps of a protracted journey toward the renovation of a better me. However, a few days later this prosaic piece of paper would mysteriously disappear and the promises once made would gradually dissolve from my mind. I did not discontinue the elaboration of these ‘self-made promises’ because I lost the papers, but more likely because my mind was enlightened with the reality of life, ‘’it’s now or never, I aint gonna live forever’, no date, time nor place can define the adequate timing to amend one’s life, I do not know if there is a tomorrow I can barely guaranty today. Thus, I did not bother making resolutions, its either I seize the day and divert the course of my life, or I could watch time fly away like water from an open drain.
‘’It’s a new day, it’s a new dawn and I’m feeling good.’’-
No comments:
Post a Comment